Wednesday 5 November 2008

Superman and Muslims

When I was a wee lad I had a bedroom decorated in superman themes.

My walls were plastered in Superman paper, my duvet cover had the last son of Krypton emblazoned all across, hell, even my alarm clock involved Superman making a daily effort to wake me from my dreams.

"Superman is here to say
It's time to wake up and start a new day
Waking up can be fun
When you wake up, my mission is done"

Now, such a concept may be acceptable when at Primary School, but at the age of 36 I think I am done with the wacky morning alarms.

If I had wanted a novelty yodeling wake up call I would have kept an issue of the Innovations Catalogue that came free each weekend with my parents copy of The Mail on Sunday.

So on that note why must i be rudely awaken by the local Imam who finds it perfectly acceptable to shout praise to a non-existent deity through a loud hailer at 5.15 each morning?

You can believe whatever wacky superstitious nonsense you want, but please, please don't inflict it upon me at the crack of dawn.

No comments: